Sunday, January 31, 2021

Rainy Days

I LOVE rain days!  I love when I hear on Friday that Sunday is going to be an all-day rain event!  All day rain!  I can't help it, I get all wiggly with anticipation.  Don't misunderstand, I love sunny days, but I really LOVE rainy days. 

In my mind, I am already planning how I am going to spend my rainy day.  Which actually, is really not much different than any other day.  But it is.  It's a rainy day.  The light in the house is different.  The light outside the house is different.  There are shadows and depth where there once was none.  I feel cozier and snug in my home on rainy days.   

We enclosed our porch a few years back, and when it's raining, and not too cold, I love to sit inside the porch and listen to the rain.  I am surrounded by the rain, I am part of the rain, and yet I'm not.  I feel like I am inside a shaky globe.  It's a fabulous feeling. 

Rainy days.  Hope your rainy day is just as grand! 













12 comments:

  1. Love rainy days also...just not too many in a rowπŸ™‚I love all the pictures of rain, they are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Renee! And I agree! Too many rainy days in a row....not as fabulous! Thank you for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially love rainy days on a work day! Don't get me wrong, I get a stay at home, stay cozy Sunday. I even loved rainy days when I attended school too! The pictures you posted are awesomeness, gorgeous and as always so unique. Lisa D <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy the rain, but my favorite is a "snow day". For a brief period of time when I first retired, when the schools announced they had closed, I decided to close too! This meant that normal chores were postponed and I could sleep in, read or watch television, work on a favorite hobby, eat dessert for lunch; anything goes! Now a snow day means I have a houseful of excited grandchildren. It is not quite the same relaxing situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ☺️ thank you for reading and sharing ☺️

      Delete
  5. love sitting out on your porch,listening and watching the rain....I love a rainy day too. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. πŸ™Œ❤️ But love snowy days better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOO! But those are much rarer here. ☺️❤️. Thank you for reading Sandy! Appreciate it πŸ™❤️

      Delete
  7. Like you...rainy day my favorite ��

    ReplyDelete