Saturday, February 6, 2021

Re-launch of Missy Makes Me Laugh


I wrote a "Welcome" post when I launched my blog in September of 2013.  Since I re-launched my blog in August of 2020, I've added 36 more posts. I went back and changed or removed some of the earlier content - mostly because I wasn't proud of the writing. Since August, I have so many returning readers (HUGE THANK YOU!) and so many new readers (HUGE THANK YOU!) that I thought it might be a good idea to share this 'introduction' again. The intent and vision for my blog has not changed - it remains the same now as it did in 20131

Content from my first blog written on September 25, 2013. First, where the name came from:  "As I was thinking about a name for the blog, I thought that I needed to come up with something clever or witty. But then "Missy makes me laugh" just came to me. I really liked it and thought that it would work.  So many of you enjoyed reading about Missy and her antics when I shared them on Facebook so it seemed like a great name for my blog. This little dog just radiates pure happiness and joy, and she truly does make me laugh - every day.  So that is where the name came from.  

What can you expect from "Missy Makes Me Laugh"?  Well, let me tell you what you will not get, that may be easier.  M3L2 will never be negative or angry.  I will never post or push my political or social views on you through this blog.  I can choose, we all can choose, what we allow into our life. I felt that social media had become too soul and joy sucking for me and I want to be sure that I never bring negativity into your life. Eliminating social media, for me, was an easy decision. Facebook and Instagram in particular, were the first to go and I have never, not once, regretted making this decision. I'm not looking to change your life or your views. I just want to make you smile and feel like you are getting a hug3. It's really that simple. That is the goal in writing my blog. 


M3L will be about my life observations and varied adventures with what I hope is a fun, whimsical and grateful view.  I don't know if things happens to me because I am always so open to experiences, or if I really am just one of those magnets for people and events. But whatever it is, I love it and don't ever want to lose it!  I will add entries as they happen and will try to make them short little reads. I'm thinking a few times a week, although sometimes it could be more or it could be less. I guess it just depends on my life. I will also share with you photos I have taken4. I love taking pictures and enjoy sharing them as well. They may or may not tie into the blog subject - they may just be a stand alone entryTaking photos is a large part of my life and I enjoy sharing them.  


My goal is not to be 'discovered' and whisked away by some company who wants to pay me oodles and oodles of money5.  For one thing, I know that my writing skills are not the best - and you will probably notice grammatical and structural errors as you read, but I try.  My goal is to create a blog that is readable and entertaining and I hope that you can overlook the mistakes.  I try to write light and easy and I hope you enjoy my style and observations. 


So as I wrap up my first blog, I say "Thank you".  I am so tremendously grateful and appreciative of your encouragement and support already.  There is a lot of information out there that requires your attention on any given day.  The fact that you seek me out and allow me to share my life with you really means a lot to me. I will never take advantage of you, or your time, and I will always give you my best effort.  I will try to leave your day if not better, certainly not worse, and that is my promise to you.  

Thank you for joining me and I hope you stay with me and share your life with me as well.  Love Janet" 6

That's either really awesome or really sad!  😊
2  I KNOW!! 
3  I am such a dork!
4  Probably something involving keys, buttons, chocolate or Missy  
5  Wait? That is not my goal?
6  And I looooooove footnotes - so they make appearances from time to time

 

18 comments:

  1. I love your "re-launch" intro. I am a late-comer, but a faithful reader. Keep doing what your doing. ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sharon! Appreciate your time and encouragement! And your kind words! ☺️❤️πŸ™

      Delete
  2. Just keep doing what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep it up . I always enjoy your writing and pictures
    I absolutely love the picture of the bird and clothes pins. Is that yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margo! Always love your input ❤️. It is. All the pictures I share are mine. This is one of my favorite pictures too ☺️

      Delete
  4. You write beautifully and I enjoy ready about your adventures. Love that bird picture too....would love to share with some of my photographer friends if OK. You might want to consider watermarking them πŸ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cynthia! Appreciate you! I put my name on my photos..but might have to consider a watermark. And I would be honored for you to share. πŸ™☺️

      Delete
  5. Goodmorning Janet I am a new Comer to your blog, enjoy reading πŸ“šthem and look forward to receiving them thanks 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Please let me know who you are so I can officially and properly thank you! ☺️

      Delete
  6. Always good read and very enjoyable and up lifting!! Thank you!! Keep up the good work!!!❤

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your writing! It makes me smile and I am always up for looking at pictures! Please don’t ever change ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jacky! I sure do appreciate your encouragement! ☺️

      Delete
  8. You are such a beautiful writer and person. I love reading your blogs. Keep writing and posting pics. You're such a blessing. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wish I knew who to thank! But I sure do appreciate you reading and for your kindness ❤️☺️

      Delete
  9. love reading your blogs....I'm so proud of your talent for writing, ...and taking pictures. You're like a breath of fresh air. Love you forever, Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mom! Love you too ❤️❤️

      Delete