Saturday, January 23, 2021

My Studio


My Studio - just saying the words "My Studio" fills me with joy.  Just knowing that I have this space, this studio all to my own, gives me hope and optimism. This studio is where I will fulfill my mission of spreading joy, one card, one kindness, at a time to as many people as I can, for as long as I can.  


I spend about 6 or 7 hours a day in my studio. I usually listen to audio books, and lately, I've been listening to TED Talks because I want to learn while I create.  I have a large window which overlooks the front of the house and I watch the neighborhood activity.  I know when the mail and packages come. I see the kids when they come home from school, and I can see what Missy see's when she growls her "I may not be outside, but I am here in my/Nora/guest room and I see you, so you better get off my street right now" growl.  And in the summer, I watch the hummingbirds. It's a great space. I don't 'work' in my studio, I 'create' in my studio. 

When people come to my house for the first time, I always show them my studio. Not because the room is especially nice, it's more about function than cozy.  And most likely the studio is in a state of disarray because I am always in the middle of a big project. But I show this room because this is me showing you me.  I am showing you who I am.  When I show you my studio, I am really showing you my heart and my soul. I know how fortunate I am to have this space of my own, So I invite friends to come create with me because my studio is your studio too. Spend time with me and let's create together. Come to my studio. This is who I am. 


I have been blessed with a husband who supports and encourages me in everything I do. He has never once complained about giving up space in our house for me.  Nor has he ever said a word about the amount of time I spend in my studio.  Never once.  He told me once that he is so glad that I have this room, that I have this outlet, that I have this room to create in.  He told me that he is so glad that I have this outlet which allows me to create and which allows me to give. He knows my heart. He knows I have to do both.  It's in my soul.  I have to be nurturing. 

Because I do so many different things; cards, jewelry, sewing, photography, writing etc.... my studio is chock full!  But everything is functional and necessary. Everything is organized in their own sections by crafts and I know where everything is - at all times.  It's chock full, but it's my studio.  It's my space where I create.  It's my place where I feel at home, comfortable and energized.  It's the place where I look forward to coming to each morning.  

When I lay in bed at night, before I go to sleep, I say my prayers, and I offer up my gratitude for all I have been given that day. I always have the studio on my list to be thankful for.  Always. I am thankful for the studio and for the outlet which allows me to fulfill my mission. And I wake up each and every morning with gratitude. I make a conscious effort to live my life in gratitude and it starts each day in my studio. 

Sometimes, commitments and activities keep me out of the room for a day or two and I feel it. I feel the ache and the pull to come back.  And then I return. I sit at my desk, pick up my watercolors and begin to paint again.  I am creating.  I am at home. I am grateful. 

21 comments:

  1. I have seen your special place and recall being amazed that you knew what was in every nook & cranny! I particularly remember your search for loose buttons and the great bracelets you made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cynthia! That house had a fabulous upstairs that was all mine! Buttons....aaah buttons, just saying it makes me smile! Thank you as always for reading and for your encouragement! 🙏☺️

      Delete
  2. Awesome studio! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ☺️ thank you Shuwana! Thanks for reading! 🙏❤️

      Delete
  3. I LOVE your studio! What a blessing for you. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed your blogs! I figured out why I have not seen any Missy Makes Me Laugh for a while!!!! They were going into my Spam folder! WHAT WHAT -- I corrected that non-sense. I missed the reads that usually always leaves me with a warm, happy feeling. (Gary was a tough one, but beautiful). When I tell people about your blogs, I explain it this way -- she can bring a can of beans to life and by the of reading the blog you are totally in love with her <3 Peace & Love
    Lisa D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Lisa, you made me cry. I'm glad you are getting them again. You'll have to get caught up again, and I'm glad you are getting them again. I love you for reading and for your encouragement.
      My goal when I write the blog is to be positive. I don't ever want to add stress or negativity to anyone's life. If you want me to add anyone to my distribution list, send me their email addresses. Thank you for reading Lisa and for always, always being such a fabulous cheerleader! ❤️🙏☺️

      Delete
  5. Lisa D here, you are NOT going to believe this!!!!!! I found "My Studio" in my spam folder!!! I was like what what what????? This can't be, so bummed to think of how many Missy Makes me Laugh I may have missed. I will go back and check as I cherish and always have a feel good feeling after readying all you blogs. As I tell people about your blogs, I say Janet can make a can of beans come alive and you will feel her by the end of the story LOVE LOVE LOVE <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooopsie daisies! I thought the 1st one was lost SNAP that's ok I feel the same on both Love

      Delete
  6. I love love your special place!!!!In fact when I walked into it the very first time I felt how much love is created and given from there!!! Keep on doing your things by blessing others!!! Love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Renee! ❤️. Big things to come ! 🙏

      Delete
  7. wow, you've been a busy lady....looks good. I'm looking, but I don't see the "goodie" jars !!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mom! They are behind the curtain! 😂❤️

      Delete
  8. hopefully I can come visit again when this virus mess is under control... I loved creating with you the day we got together..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be nice Becky! ☺️ Thank you for reading! 🙏

      Delete
  9. You have an amazing place to create. So proud of all you do to bring joy and happiness through your creations. I need more of your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila! My studio is always open for visitors! ☺️

      Delete
  10. Nice , Thanks for sharing...��

    ReplyDelete