Friday, January 1, 2021

Movement

"All You Need is Love". I believe that I have heard this Beatles song approximately 9,643 times in my life, plus or minus.  It's a great message isn't it?  "Love is all you need".  It's that simple: "Love, love, love.  Love is all you need".  Great song. Great message. 

But then there is this. Earlier this week, I was in my studio working and I heard this same song. But this time, instead of simply hearing, I listened, and I heard this line: "There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be".  I replayed that one line over and over and over again.  How did I miss this message?  All those times I heard this song and I missed this message?  I really needed to hear this. And it's been on my heart to share this with you. 

My message is not meant to diminish your pain or suggest that you simply "deal with it".  I know so many of your struggles and I would never suggest that reading a line from a song could make pain go away.  The message I heard was that this, this here right now, is necessary.  Necessary, but not a defeat or knock-down. Necessary, but not a call to do nothing. 

Gut-wrenching, heartbreaking "I can't do this" struggles can overwhelm you and overtake you.  But I believe in you. I believe in you because I know you have it in you to be strong.  I believe in you because I know your track record.  You did not get this far by standing still. I know because if you are reading this message, I value and treasure you and our friendship. And I believe in you. I see you and I believe in your strength.  


Don't judge or berate yourself because of someone else's agenda for you. Don't give up because you simply Can. Not. Do. One. More. Day.  But you can. You can because standing still is not an option in life. Even if you move slightly sideways, it's movement. And if that is all you do today, that is enough. Tomorrow you will move a little bit more.  And when you think you can't, you will see that you can, because you did. 

Please, do not allow your thoughts to defeat you.  You are strong and you have control over your thoughts and you do not have to accept anything that is robbing you of your joy, meaning or peace. You can acknowledge those thoughts, but you don't have to invite them in. Even if your movement for the day is to side-step that negativity, it's movement and I'm proud of you for that. And if that exhausts you, rest. Tomorrow you will try again. 

You aren't behind or forgotten.  You are where you are meant to be. Every step, every movement is necessary and important.  I believe in you. 



10 comments:

  1. Here’s to taking a step in 2021! Happy New Year my friend. ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year..
    Here’s to moving with hope and grace ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ❤️ this "moving with hope and grace". Thank you Margo for your encouragement, always!

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year to my Life Coach....your words of wisdom always inspire me..love you forever,Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a heartfelt, beautiful and timely post. Loved that it was inspired by genius Beatle lyrics.
    Gotta get up now and 'move'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ☺️❤️. Thank you Cynthia! Always appreciate your encouragement and support!

      Delete
  5. Here's to get to stepping this 2021. <3

    ReplyDelete