Thursday, April 15, 2021

Angie


Did you smile? I bet you smiled! This is Angie and she was the very first friend I made when we moved to South Carolina in December of 2011. I had only been here for a few days when I asked a woman who cut her hair. She told me about Angie and I went to see her a few weeks later. Almost ten years later, and I have never been to anyone else since.    

Angie reads my blog and she told me that she likes my writing, my style and my observations. When I told her that I wanted to write a blog about her, she gave me a funny look and said something like, "Why on Earth would you want to do that?". I told her that it was because I appreciated her and wanted to share her.  

Angie is awesome in so many ways! She is kind, loyal and respectful. She is gentle with her older customers and patient with the squirmy ones. She's honest but never unkind. She is pistol smart and quick-witted. She remembers how each and every client likes the chair, their shampoo and whether to use hair spray or not. She remembers every little detail. I asked her once to not put the cape too tight around my neck or I'll gag, and she hasn't forgotten. Not once in ten years. 

She is a skilled hairdresser and knows how to cut my hair exactly the way I like it.  And she does this while we get caught up on all the activities of the past month. I am in awe of people who are able to talk and do complicated tasks at the same time. I am good at doing one thing at a time. And definitely not two if one of them requires me to hold and use sharp scissors.  

I know all about Angie's family; her husband, her two boys, her parents, her in-laws and her dogs. I've been through Angie's oldest son playing baseball in high school, going off to college, getting married, and most recently, welcoming a daughter. Angie is a Southern gal through and through and it sure tickles this Yankee just to hear her talk. Especially about her granddaughter!

Angie has met my mom and my sister Leah, and she knew all about Miss Ruth and Emil. She's seen my work published and she reads all my blogs. No matter what it is that I make or do, everything seems to delight her!  Angie has been the grateful recipient of all my creations through the years and she cheers and supports me in every endeavor. How awesome it that? To have such cheerleader on your side!

I did the math and I figured out that I have seen Angie approximately 100 times over the years. That's a lot of time to spend with someone. I've seen Angie handle her elderly clients with the utmost care and give sass to the ones who needed to be sassed. And she does it all with a pure heart and a big smile. 

I sure do appreciate you and your kindness Angie. Thank you for being my friend.    


6 comments:

  1. Angie sounds like such a delightful person!!Hard to find a great hairdresser with such a caring attitude!!I enjoyed "meeting" her this morning!! Thanks!! She did make me smile!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😊 😊 She is a gem! Thank you Renee for reading! ❤️

      Delete
  2. So happy to read about Angie....and every word is true. To have a hair dresser for ten years is a tribute to her, most women have a hard time finding one who cuts her hair to her liking. Yes, she is a gem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😊. Thank you for reading and writing! And it's true. In CT, I never stayed with a stylist! I had to move to SC to find her. ❤️🙏

      Delete
  3. Angie sounds awesome.. You found a jewel and I am sure she feels the same about you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ❤️ Margo she is! 🙏. Thank you for reading! Always appreciate you! 😊

      Delete