Years ago, while staying at my friend Karen’s house in Connecticut, I was heading out early to visit my mom. In a bit of a rush, I happened to glance up and saw the sun just beginning to rise behind me, casting light over a small sliver of the backyard. I didn’t have my camera, but I did have my phone. I quickly snapped a picture before the sunlight disappeared behind her house, and to this day, it remains one of my favorite photos.
"Eilkrankheit" is a German term that loosely translates to "hurry disease." Ever feel that rush, that constant need to hurry? I know I do sometimes.
Think about all the gadgets and tools we use every day to give us “more time.” We hardly ever have to wait for anything anymore—everything is instant and requires little effort from us.
Do you actually end up with more time? Like, do you have a chunk left over at the end of the day from all the time you saved? Where does that “saved time” even go?
We’re conditioned to multitask and get things done as efficiently as possible. I’m not denying that this mindset has its merits and applications at times. But overall, what happened to focusing on just one thing? To doing it right? To taking the time to make sure it’s done properly?
Is there a moment in your day when you can slow down? Can you pause to focus on what’s right in front of you? Chances are, there is—and you’ll be rewarded for it. When you spend your day seeking out blessings, you’re sure to find them.

I just got off a phone call with my daughter rambling on about a lot of stuff .
ReplyDeleteShe said mom.. mom.. your mind is going crazy you need to relax 😐. Thanks for the message
Wise words from Angie ❤️🙏☺️. Thank you for reading Margo!
DeleteGreat post! We all need to slow down and look around at all our blessings!!! We have so many!!!!
ReplyDelete❤️. Thank you for reading sweet Renee.
Deleteyou are so profound...you make me think !!!! Yes, Angie does have some words of wisdom often...Margo has to listen !!! Very unusual picture....Make time for the important things in your life. Love you forever, Mom
ReplyDeleteThanks Mom! ❤️
DeleteVery insightful, love it!
ReplyDeleteThank you sweetie 🥰
DeleteSo true! Thanks for the reminder Janet!
ReplyDeleteThank you Sandy! Thank you for reading ❤️
DeleteSuch a good reminder to take those extra minutes to truly see what is around us and create some moments to just "be"! The picture is beautiful and is a reminder to me of the beauty God shows us daily in His amazing creation that I often miss because of the rush of life! I am so glad you captured this moment and took the time to share it with us!
ReplyDeleteThank you Terri ❤️. Just a little sliver of light shining onto trees but in God's hands perfection 🙏❤️. Thank you for reading and commenting.
DeleteBeautiful photo Jane
ReplyDelete