Saturday, March 20, 2021

Not really a Blog

Back when I used to be on Facebook and Instagram, I would share my finished projects. I am no longer on any social media sites, so, I am sharing these with you all! 😊

My great-niece Nora LOVES dinosaurs!  She is 2 1/2 and just welcomed a baby sister to the household. I saw these in a book and figured that I would make them for Nora. I adjusted their pattern a little bit and decided to use felted wool instead of fabric. I thought that wool would hold up better than fabric for a toddler.  

Felted (shrunken) wool is a great material to work with and I've used it a lot in the past. When I am in the thrift stores, I always look for wool sweaters. Since most clothing is now made primarily of acrylic and other man-made materials, wool is getting increasingly harder to find. When I find it, I buy it!

I've been in 'card mode' for a while now and it felt (ha!) good to use another part of my brain to make sure it still works! 

Thanks for looking! 



10 comments:

  1. So darn cute !!!! If Nora doesn't want them....I'll take them !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😊 thanks! I'm making a few more for my friend Cyndy's grandson! The hand stitching is good work for me while watching TV!

      Delete
  2. I love dinosaurs too! Those are too cute!! 🦕🦖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jacky! Always appreciate you! ❤️ 😊

      Delete
  3. A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!!! Janet I started a felt bag, the pattern you gave me years and years ago, I love that it's all knit and doing really well, but then got stumped when I had to start decreasing or increasing, I don't even remember. To day the lease the poor bad is up in my closet unfinished. I'm sure this story breaks your heart. But the dino's are adorable, I truly love them and I know Nora will toooooooooooooo Love & Peace. Lisa D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, bring that bag out of you closet! Deceasing is easy and I know you can do it. Just knit two stitches together. If you are at the point you are almost done! And thank you. 😊

      Delete
  4. Love these!! Carlen also loves dinosaurs. there is a big green one in Landrum and she has to get on it every time we go!!you have done a great job with these!!!!

    ReplyDelete