Monday, November 22, 2021

"Wait for it"


This sweet pup was in a truck as I pulled into the Post Office parking lot. Look at this face! ❤️ 

I am a dog lover and one of my very favorite things to do - in the whole world - is to watch dogs in cars waiting for their owners to return. I love being able to witness that happy moment in their life. To be there and see them when their owner has come into their sight - it is something I will never get tired of seeing. You see it first in their eyes, then the rest of the body gets into the action! To me there are few things sweeter, or so full of pure admiration and goodness, than this.

So, I sat in my car watching the dog and also waiting for his owner to return. Every so often he would move his eyes slightly towards the entrance but he never moved his head. I think it had to do with the perfect sun placement.

And there it was! That look!  I saw it in his eyes - a spark of happiness!  And then I heard his tail thumping on the seat! He didn't move much, but his eyes, and tail, said it all - his owner had returned. He was rewarded and so was I. 

I learned from talking with the owner, Pete, that this sweet boy's name is "Taz" and he is 13 years old. Taz has been taking rides with him his whole life and it is still one of his favorite things to do. He said that it is a bit harder for Taz to get in and out of the truck so now he carries a ramp in the back for him. Pete said that Taz is always ready and eager to go for his ride each morning, so they go for a ride. Bless. 

I stayed and talked with the owner for a bit longer, all the time scratching Taz on his head and ears. This dog was just so gentle and sweet. I left the Post Office that morning so grateful for the opportunity to witness, again, the love between a dog and his owner. The devotion and commitment and dedication of both Taz and his owner to each other, it was pure and it was deep. 

I am once again reminded that there is love and joy everywhere, if you look for it.  Even in the Post Office parking lot on a Tuesday morning. ❤️🙏




14 comments:

  1. Once again, your blog left a tear in my eye <3 There is nothing sweeter than the love and commitment of your fur baby. I was feeling so down being Monday and going to a job a really dislike, this filled my heart. Thank you again! Lisa D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ❤️ you. Thank you for reading Lisa. 🙏

      Delete
  2. Beautiful story. You are truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. enjoyed this so much!! Reminds me to remember "the little things"! there is so much joy and love if we slow down long enough to look for it!! thank you!! love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ❤️ always appreciate you reading and writing Renee! Hugs 🙏❤️

      Delete
  4. Goodmorning Janet and again you have my heart melting, continue to do your blogs I love them and you smooches 😘 💖 Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ❤️. Thank you sweet Jennifer! Sure do appreciate you reading and for your kind words of encouragement. 🙏

      Delete
  5. again, thank you for sharing your feelings and love for our fur-babies. So proud of you and the views you write about so eloquently. Love you forever,Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ❤️❤️❤️ thanks Mom! Love you bunches

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Awwww thank you Rosie! Appreciate you reading 🙏☺️❤️

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. ❤️ thank you for reading Judi! ☺️

      Delete