Wednesday, July 21, 2021

"Fifty-Nine"


I have a birthday next week and I will be turning 59. There isn't anything that I can say or write about aging that has not been said or written before. Some people are really bothered by it, some people fight it and some people, like me, don't think too much about it.  

My thoughts on aging are pretty non-existent, I really don't think too much about it. However, I would be lying if I said that I look at some of the changes going on and wish they weren't happening in quite this way, but mostly I don't obsess or worry too much about it. Getting older truly does not bother me or occupy much of my thoughts. 

I've accomplished a lot of things in my life that I am extremely proud of. There are also some things that I could have handled differently, but I believe we can all relate to that, hindsight being 20/20 and all. But the person I am now, what I am doing in my life right now, is the result of all that...the good and the bad. And it was all necessary to get me to this point in my life.

I am never going to be stagnant in my thoughts or in my life. I am constantly moving forward and learning and I don't ever see that as changing. I am always, always, always going to be looking for the joy, the good and the positive in situations, in people and in life. I was not created to be anything less than the best I can be.  

I simply do not have time, energy or the desire to be dragged down by angry or negative people or situations. I just don't. There is so much good and positive in life to experience and I truly believe that what you focus on is what you will see. I will always choose to see the joy and the good. 

Getting this blog up and running again after a 5 year absence(!!!) was important to me. I want to make sure that I say it often, and clearly, I truly and sincerely appreciate each and every one of you that read my words and my thoughts and encourage me to write more. Sharing joy with people is extremely important to me and I thank you for allowing me to come into your life in this way.  You are helping me live a life filled with joy and I will never take that blessing for granted or not appreciate the privilege.

I said that I don't think much about aging, but I suppose, in a small way, I do.  I think about what time I have left. I have a very clear mission and goals for my life and I am determined to continue to live my best life in the years left. I will always be looking forward to what's next. 

I will be turning 59 years old next week.  As I've gotten older, birthday's seem to pass just like every other day and that's not a bad thing.  But I do hope, for this one day, there's cake. 💓😊


 



19 comments:

  1. Aging is inevitable...how we do it requires some stamina! I love to learn too...I often say if I don't learn something new every day it was an opportunity wasted. Happy early birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ❤️ this! It's all up to us and how we handle or not handle it! Thank you for the wishes and for reading! Always appreciate it! 😊

      Delete
  2. ✋ 59 Friday girlfriend! I don't stress about aging either, infact I live birthdays, but everything else you said......can you be my therapist 🤣 HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANET❣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa! I love that my words resonate with you! And I can learn so much from you too! Thank you for reading and sharing! 😊

      Delete
  3. ��Happy Birthday �������� Thanks for sharing...Judith R ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judith! Always appreciate you reading! Hope you and Toby are doing well 😊🙏

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday, Janet! Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Aging!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy! Thank you for reading and writing! Hope you and Jim are doing great!

      Delete
  5. hint,hint Bill....Cake.... Oh my little girl (picture)...such a cutie !! And yes you have accomplished a lot in your soon to be 59 years. Like me, I never thought much about "years" until I reached 80...now I think and worry about it more. Thanks for sharing your oh so wise thoughts. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mom. ❤️ You have been an inspiration for me my whole life and you always will be. ❤️🙏😊

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday a little early. I love your reflections about your age. I turned 73 in March. Several of my posts on Facebook over the last few years have been about some aspect of aging and they pretty much agree with yours. None has been negative. I am enjoying where I am in my life right now. God bless. ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ❤️ I used to look forward to reading your posts when I was on Facebook...always positive and reflective. You have a very calming and gentle spirit and energy surrounding you Sharon 🙏. I appreciate you sharing and for your encouragement. 😊

      Delete
  7. Happy birthday, Janet! Remember what I always say, "You're only young once...but you can be immature forever!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eric! I remember you saying that all the time! And the time you gave me a gift card for Barnes and Noble and said "Before there was Radio, there was reading and writing". That had to be 25 years ago and I still remember 😊. You were always very witty! Thank you for reading and sharing. And for the birthday wishes! 😊

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday Janet. 🎉🎁🎈
    I so enjoy reading your blog. Aging brings insight and wisdom. Hopefully with that we learn what is really important in life as we move forward . And I love cake 🎂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margo! Sure do love knowing you are here ❤️. 🎂

      Delete
  9. May you have the very happiest of Birthdays!!!Praying the Lord fills each day ,all year long, with so many wonderful blessings!!!! Love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ❤️ thank you sweet Renee! 😊. Thank you for reading!

      Delete