Saturday, June 19, 2021

Random Thoughts VI

It's been a while.....

Sometimes, but not every time, Missy will bring her treat over to the rug and roll all over it before she eats it.  I tried that with my Oatmeal cookie. Honestly, I don't know what the appeal is. 

I used to have 30 coffee mugs in my house but I realized that I only really used one.  My criteria for choosing a coffee mug used to be that I had to like the design or the saying on the outside.  Now, in the wisdom of age, I know that the thickness of the mug is key. The mug has got to be thick to keep the coffee warm.  Which brings me to.....

I do not like cold coffee. I have never had a iced coffee but I don't need to try it to know I won't like it.  Now, I know there are 74 trillion people that LOVE cold or iced coffee and I say "Rock on", not this gal.  I will drink my coffee as it cools and I will finish up the coffee cold, but I can not just dive right into cold coffee. Not happening. 

Why don't we call all meat what it is when it is used for consumption?  We don't say "Want a Cow" or "Some Pig"?  We do it for chicken and most fish, but you rarely see anything labeled as "Cow" or "Pig".  Weird. 

"I won't betray people for money" was the answer Jamie Lee Curtis gave when she was asked why she won't write a tell-all.  Love this!  Way up high "high five" Jamie Lee!

When I am taking the stairs next to someone who is on the escalator, and I beat them to the top.... I'm not generally a competitive person, but I will say that I have been known to give myself some mental "high-fives". 

And, while we are on this subject. I'm a very nice person and I am a very kind hearted person. But, I gotta tell you, when I am in traffic and I choose the lane that is fastest and we are going by the other lane standing still, I don't actually say it, but I do sometimes think "Suck it!"  Right then and there, I am the Queen of Picking Lanes.

The waitress/waiter who refills your water glass or coffee cup without you having to ask her to... that is someone who is GREAT at their job and paying attention. 

Do not ever EVER Google any skin issues you may be having.  And please do not ever use "Images".  There is never your skin issue pictured but you will be exposed to things you can't easily forget. 1  

Have you noticed that the word "cough" sounds like a cough?  And the word "sneeze" sounds like a sneeze 2.  They could have very easily been named "Klinker" or "Lorky" but they are named for what they sound like.  I'm sorry, I find this cool! 

I love when survey's ask me to name my age in years.  Because I was totally going to answer "30,505,054 minutes" 

Anticipation!  I could live on the anticipation building up to a Key West vacation for longer than the 10 days we spend there. 

I never knew what "Piddling" was until I moved to the South.  Come to find out, I'm pretty good at it. 

You want to get vaccinated? Great! You don't want to get vaccinated? Fabulous!  You want to wear a mask?  Go you!  You don't want to wear a mask?  Rock on.  If it's a rule or law, I'll abide by it, but if the action is my choice, it is my choice, not yours.  Just like it is your choice and not mine.  My business is not your business and your business is not my business. 

"We all need hope, but sometimes we need help finding it.  Be the person who helps others find their hope - live beautifully."  I don't know where I read this or who wrote it, but LOVE it.

Call me a rebel, but I am not going to go through your little maze of cones and ropes if there is no one waiting in line. I'm by-passing all that there and going right to the cashier. 3

I apologized to Missy for inheriting my back issues and my sensitivity to medication and she told me that she wished she was adopted.  

We used to be able to turn the volume up just-a-smidge.  Now, now you have to go in increments.  I'm sorry but sometimes I need the 12.5.

So, can I just say this?  Now that there are no masks, I am back to worrying about bad breath and boogers. 4

In the morning we have the news on and I can hear the weather 6 times and still have to ask Bill "Is it going to rain today?"  When did weather get so complicated?  We have radar maps, satellite maps, graphs and Doppler this and that. It's all just more information than I need to know.  Pretty much my concern is "Sun or rain?". Simple. 

Doesn't matter who you are, when you start out the sentence with "I had the weirdest dream last night...", unless it is really WACKY, most times I'm tuning you out. 5

When I was getting my tour of the gym yesterday, I met a 96 year old man named, I believe, Willie.  Mara told me that he is there almost every day. I just know that we are going to be best friends. 

Bill will use two Q-tips and I refill the glass with 8.  I can't help it... I'm a 'filler". 

I sometimes kibitz about my age, but really I am younger than I thought I would be at this age. 

Bill is a 'whistler' and will whistle at random times while he is working. It is adorable. I don't know many people who still whistle. 

"Some people are never happy. And that's not your problem. It's theirs".

1. You are welcome

2. You tried it didn't you? 😄

3. Yup, I'm trouble

4. Mine and someone else's

5. Sorry 

And finally, Missy has a "Thank you" for those that rub her belly!










10 comments:

  1. I love your random thoughts. Thank you so much for the card. If you need a layover on your way to Key West, look us up!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ❤️ absolutely! Thank you for reading and writing! 😊

      Delete
  2. Could read these all day. You're the female Seinfeld in a blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😊 thank you! What an honor and compliment;. Thank you! Please feel free to share or recommend it! Thank you for reading and writing 🙏❤️😊

      Delete
  3. Such random thoughts, that everyone thinks of, but no one can put them in writing as witty and hysterical as you. Keep on keeping on, you rope jumper, who knew LOL <3 <3 <3 Lisa D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😆 thanks Lisa! Always appreciate you!

      Delete
  4. love reading your random thoughts, probably because I share a lot of them !!! Must be in the genes !!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. ❤️. Thank you for reading Judi! Hope you are doing well. 😊

    ReplyDelete