Sunday, November 22, 2020

Mornings

Morning. I just adore the word:  Morning. 

I have always been drawn to, refreshed by and renewed by new mornings. 

I love the sky in the morning and I love the smell and the feeling in the air. I love everything about being up early and seeing the start of a new day. 

So many of you reached out to me about my last blog "It's Okay to Quit" and this blog goes along with that and I hope it speaks to you as well.  

I removed myself from a situation that was absolutely toxic and harmful to my being and my soul.  It was merely a season and a night in my life, and I welcomed and embraced the morning that followed. And you can too.  

I encourage you all to look to the morning. When you are in a dark season or time in you life, look to the morning.  Look for the new beginning.  It's an opportunity to renew and nourish your soul.  

If you know anything about Key West, you probably know about the evening parties that are held at Mallory Square.  Every night in Key West they celebrate the glorious sunsets. How fabulous is that!!  Hundreds of people gather each night to witness the sun drop off into the Gulf of Mexico.  While I appreciate the great photo and people watching opportunities, I much more prefer the sunrise over the Atlantic. 

Every morning while in Key West, I get out of bed before sunrise and walk to the Atlantic Ocean side of the island and watch the sunrise.  There are no crowds, street performers or musicians when the sun rises.  And that precisely is the reason why it appeals to me. The atmosphere is serene, appreciated and quietly celebrated by the few that are up early to witness the glorious start of the day. 

These photos bring me joy and peace.  And I hope they bring you joy and peace too. 







 




6 comments:

  1. I’m rarely up early enough to see the sunrise so thanks for sharing these great photos so I can see what I’m missing. Enjoy every morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos brought a smile to my face and now I want to get up early enough tomorrow to appreciate the beauty firsthand.
    Always a joy to read your blogs, Janet!~ :) Maureen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ❤️ thank you so much Maureen! I always appreciate your encouragement! My wish for you is 100,000,000 glorious sunrises.

      Delete
  3. What beautiful pictures!! My most precious memory of seeing the sun rise was when we were at Hilton Head Island with Carter and Caroline. We got up super early and went to the beach!! Never forget the awesomeness of that gorgeous morning nor the joy of sharing it with them!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ❤️🙏 what a wonderful memory Renee. ❤️ Thank you for reading.

      Delete