Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Emil and Missy

Our friend Emil is leaving this morning and Missy and I went down early to say good-bye to him.  Emil had a little bit of Bologna left and he got right down to giving Missy her final lesson in "will-power".  
As you know, "will-power" is not Missy's strong suit.  Missy is all about "now-power". But little-by-little Emil has been working with her.  He was always very firm and patient with her, even when she messed up. This morning she got her final lesson.  I'm so proud of Missy - she really is a smart little dog.  And I'm so proud of Emil.  
At the end of the lesson, he asks for her paw - just to make sure she didn't forget that trick.  Watching Emil love on Missy at the very end just melts my heart.    
I'm sad that we won't be able to visit with Emil at his house down the street, but we'll be visiting him in his new home soon. 
This is the video of Emil and Missy from this morning.  Emil and Missy
Emil always comes out to see us as we leave.  It's one of my favorite memories of spending time to him.  💗  

8 comments:

  1. Janet this is so heartwarming! Not just the love and patience that Emil has shown Missy but the love and respect you have shown Emil as your neighbor. So much love is felt in the video! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet you are. ❤️ I'm, we're, so blessed to know him.

      Delete
  2. Intentionally building relationships is a beautiful thing

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet! I am sorry your friend is moving... i so hate goodbyes but sure love reunions!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mom told me Emil Was moving. What a great friendship you all had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a great friend to me and Missy ❤️🙏

      Delete