The last time I was in CT, we went to dinner with my family. It was such a great time with everyone, and as we were getting ready to leave, Dalia, my brother Bernie’s 11-year-old daughter, came up to give me a hug. I love hugs, but this was a HUG. She wrapped her little arms around my waist, rested her head on my chest, and held on tight. And it wasn’t a quick hug—Dalia held firm, going well beyond the usual embrace. In those few extra seconds, I felt the pure love and kindness of this tender-hearted little girl, all the goodness and true affection she had to give. I’ve probably gotten hundreds of hugs in the past year, but this one from Dalia stays in my heart, a memory I revisit whenever I want to feel truly seen and loved. Thank you Dalia, I love you.
I pray that you are often on the receiving end of such a HUG and that you are a giver of them as well.
***If you write a comment (thank you!), please be sure to add your name in your comment.💗***

She is a delightful little girl.
ReplyDeleteThat she is ❤️
DeleteLove hugs…the really long, good for the soul hugs.
ReplyDeleteThey are 🙏❤️
DeleteYes, she still is a great hugger....hope she doesn't out grow it ! Love ya, Mom
ReplyDeleteMe too Mom ❤️
DeleteThose hugs definitely leave an impression!!! I have several in my memories too! Thank you for making me mindful of them today- filled my heart in a wonderful way!
ReplyDeleteThank you Terri. ❤️ It's a blessing to call upon them time and time again
DeleteI love hugs too and they are a simple way for free to make someone’s day!!!
ReplyDeleteSo true Sherry! Thank you for reading and commenting ❤️
DeleteWe just know when it’s “real and genuinely sincere” … Great story telling! You definitely have a way to focus on the smaller moments and things in life that are typically the most meaningful and provide lasting impact on people's lives. I love that.
ReplyDeleteThank you Steven 😊. Always appreciate your support and encouragement ❤️
Deleteoh yes I know those sweet heartfelt hugs! there is nothing like them to say so many things, things from your heart of hearts!! you dear friend are the giver of such hugs, those gentle hugs that say so much!!! thank you for them and so glad you got one that stays with you forever!!!
ReplyDelete❤️ Love you Renee. Thank you for reading and always being such a wonderful encouraging friend 🙏
Delete