Sunday, July 26, 2026

A HUG

The last time I was in CT, we went to dinner with my family. It was such a great time with everyone, and as we were getting ready to leave, Dalia, my brother Bernie’s 11-year-old daughter, came up to give me a hug. I love hugs, but this was a HUG. She wrapped her little arms around my waist, rested her head on my chest, and held on tight. And it wasn’t a quick hug—Dalia held firm, going well beyond the usual embrace. In those few extra seconds, I felt the pure love and kindness of this tender-hearted little girl, all the goodness and true affection she had to give. I’ve probably gotten hundreds of hugs in the past year, but this one from Dalia stays in my heart, a memory I revisit whenever I want to feel truly seen and loved. Thank you Dalia, I love you. 

I pray that you are often on the receiving end of such a HUG and that you are a giver of them as well.  

***If you write a comment (thank you!), please be sure to add your name in your comment.💗***



4 comments:

  1. She is a delightful little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love hugs…the really long, good for the soul hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, she still is a great hugger....hope she doesn't out grow it ! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those hugs definitely leave an impression!!! I have several in my memories too! Thank you for making me mindful of them today- filled my heart in a wonderful way!

    ReplyDelete