Friday, September 2, 2022

A Quick Check-in


"Popcorn", "Garbage Day", "Introverts", "Dog Smudges", "Puzzles" and "Community".  These are just some of the subjects for blogs I started and either did not finish, or have finished, and not posted.

June 30th was my last blog posting - more than 2 months ago. I didn't mean for so much time to go by, it just happened. It seemed like every time I sat down to write or share, it just didn't feel right. And two months went by.

I'm having back surgery in the beginning of October, and I have spent the past three months building my strength back up from my compression fractures. It was important for me to go into the surgery starting from a good strong place.  

After slowly building up, I am now walking about 3 miles before dawn each morning. It's been great physically, but mostly and more importantly, it's been great emotionally.  Morning is my favorite time of day, and it is during these walks that I recharge and recenter my soul.  

Like many people I talk with, I have a love/hate relationship with social media.  Recently, I found that I was getting weary and worn out by it all and I needed a mental break. I didn't realize how much social media was affecting me until I paid attention and felt and saw how much it was affecting me.  Almost four years ago, I deleted my Facebook account and two years ago, my Nextdoor account. I don't have (or want) accounts with Twitter or TikTok and only have accounts with Instagram and LinkedIn - which are both on hold*.  

So, while it may still be a while before I post my deep thoughts about 'Popcorn' (ha!), I wanted to check in and let you know that I am still here.  And greatly enjoying and appreciating the return of the hummingbirds this year. The hummingbirds and the occasional butterfly. 

As always, I greatly appreciate you reading, sharing and commenting on my blog.

* still on semi-hold...just sharing this blog 😊



13 comments:

  1. Positive thoughts for you as you prepare for your surgery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ❤️☺️. Appreciate that!

      Delete
    2. Prayers for your upcoming surgery and so happy you have been walking! 🙏🏻❤️

      Delete
    3. ❤️🙏☺️ Thank you! Tonic for my soul

      Delete
  2. welcome back....what a beautiful photo....love you forever,Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three miles! That’s great- I only do 2 1/2- got to up my game:) I’m so glad that you’ve come this far, and will be praying for a successful surgery. Great to see you blogging again❤️
    Linda V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! Two and a half miles is not so shabby! We're fortunate to have great walking areas! Thank you for reading and writing! ☺️❤️

      Delete
  4. so glad you are walking! have been keeping you in prayer about your upcoming surgery! enjoy your beautiful pictures so very much!!!! LOVE YOU LOTS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Renee! Appreciate it ❤️☺️🙏

      Delete
  5. God bless you Janet and I pray your operation goes amazingly well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Appreciate it! And you reading ❤️🙏☺️

      Delete
  6. Thank you Janet! Appreciate YOU writing always enjoy reading. Prayers and positive thoughts your way 100% on your back surgery <3 Lisa D.

    ReplyDelete