Thursday, January 2, 2014

A Post About Not Blogging

For the past week or so, I have been working1 on a blog entry.  I have started and stopped about 487 times2 and just can't seem to get my thoughts together.  I know what I want to write about, I just seem to be, I don't know, stuck.  I have "Blogger's Block3".  And this has me pondering.

I am not a good writer, and I don't pretend to be. Grammar, punctuation, sentence structure4, um, yeah, so not my forte.  And sometimes this slogs me down.

I know there are all kinds of books and resources out there to help me write better,5 but like, I'm totally not going to read a book on Grammar.  It's just not going to happen when there are so many other lovely books to read in the world. I let the "Spell and Grammar" option in 'Word' catch and correct my errors and hope for the best for the rest. 

Unfortunately, what happens is that sometimes I get too caught up in the 'rules' and stop writing.
 
What I really enjoy doing is observing and sharing.  This is what I like and want to do and this is what brings me the most joy. Having a platform to share my observations with people tickles me and encourages me to continue.  And when I really think about it, this is what seems to bring me back again and again. 

I'm not going to allow the rules to restrict me (within reason) and I'll just try to do the best I can and enjoy the process.
 
So, this blog?  This blog is simply about my wanting to blog, but feeling stuck.  It's about feeling stuck, but still wanting to reach out and share and give. 

Please consider this simple little blog a hug for your heart6.
 
1. When I say working, I mean getting up at crazy insane hours in the morning.
2. Or there about.
3. High five to Mr. Alden for this.
4. And while we are at it, geography and math too.
5. Like here, I'm sure there is a semi colon or dash or something that goes here, but I haven't a clue.
6. I know.  I'm a dork.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment